a SUPERWOMAN.

Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

12 Days of Christmas: First day of Christmas Novena!


As we celebrated today, the first day of nine-day Christmas novena or Simbang gabi, in Tagalog. For every Catholic Filipino who’s in tradition to begin the nine-day celebration until the Christmas day. A morning masses that usually done as early as 4 or 5 o’clock from 16 to 24 December. I know everyone’s energized, every family united on this gathering. I remember when I was young; I do “simbang gabi” with my brothers and cousins, together with our lola and lolo. Though it was sluggish to get up since you’re in the zest of sleep, you inspire as the older says, ”Pag nabuo mo daw yung nine days ng simbang gabi, make a wish and magkaka-totoo daw, ..Haha.  Did you believe on that? How’s true? Well, suppose!..(Childish momentJ)

To highlight the tradition, di mawawala ang pagka-iconic nang puto bumbong, bibingka, suman and other rice pastries that cooked on the spot. So what’s your favorite?


On the 9th day of Christmas,
My mommy sent to me;
Delicacies’ surely yummy
bibingka
 Whether bibingka galapong, malagkit, or cassava bibingka, it all taste good. A Philippine Christmas food indeed! Usually eaten along with Puto bumbong right after simbang gabi.

puto bumbong

Puto or rice cake named after the bamboo tube in which it steamed. Unusual among puto, being sticky and long and purple in color. It serves with grated and brown sugar. I bet I could cook mine cause it's my favorite:)


suman
Suman which basically malagkit (sticky) that wrapped in bana leaves or coconut leaves. My mom used to cook the wrapped malagkit overnight, but I suppose it finish in a hour. Perfectly rolled in a sugar OR sabi nila side dish of ripe manila mangoes. I dont know how it taste, I don't even try.

I’m not expert in cookery. But I love cooking and I wanted to try this one.:)

So let the bells of Misa de Gallo break the pre-dawn silence of the whole land.The bells offer a message of Hope in God and hope for peace on earth. Have a joyous Christmas novena everyone!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!:) Share me your thoughts:)
Happy Good Vibes!Love:)

-QMB-

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC