a SUPERWOMAN.

Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Review: Skin Food that Hurts in Manila!

I do routines the best that I can be, (especially if I have a lot of time) as the moment I became a queen, I preferred simple as it could be. I don’t go for the most expensive too, if I know there’s a cheaper alternative. It’s nice that there are stores that offer sample, and you would try the products you normally wouldn’t, and you have time to think if you would purchase it.

Such is the case with SkinFood.

source
Knowing how I’m into Asian beauty products, my colleague buddy gave me a sample of Skin Food’s Gold Caviar Toner and Emulsion. They come in really petite gift sets that I just squeal and tried them for a couple of weeks now.

The gift set that contains the Gold Caviar Toner and Emulsion
Skin Food is a Korean brand that makes products that are derived from food ingredients. They have marked in the industry that it has become one of the most sought after brands. I have been a fan of their products because they are effective, comes in good packaging. I remember how my colleagues’ buddies hoarded some in Korea since it was less than priced here in Manila. Sheesh! They almost jacked up prices to such extent that I wonder if they WANT to go out of business. I swear, the prices in Manila Skin Food are sky-high compared to the actual Skin Food in Korea, where it’s basically a brand that’s on par with Etude House and Faceshop. Their price points are all similar, and they’re all known brands that teens and women use.




Skin Food’s Gold Caviar skin care line has great anti-aging properties that help in keeping your skin supple and youthful. Caviar contains ingredients that help in renewal in skin cells and it slows the aging process, too. In addition, gold is said to have antioxidants that fight off free radicals. Sounds very luxurious, doesn’t it? I mean gold and caviar for the skin? It sounds little extravagant but they definitely do wonders.

Gold Caviar Toner Review

This Korean skin care line was exemplary and has a fine packaging. It is thick, clear liquid with some gold flecks. It reminds me of sugar syrup but without stickiness. The products absorbs into the skin fairly well. It smells like grandma-ish scent but not overpowering. It fades away quickly (or I just don’t seem to care to smell) I took a couple of minutes to wait for it to be absorbed. It’s not drying like most toners since I have a normal combination skin. This small bottle lasted for about a week. It costs $4.99 (P215) You can purchase its Full Size (140ml) around (p400) but in Manila, Skin Food sells that for P2,000 each. I GET that for a glass bottles it’s harder to ship them and that customs fees are expensive but hello to that 300% mark up. It so much a bit higher. It would definitely hurt your wallet. Like what I’ve said, Etude House and Faceshop have glass bottle items as well. But they’re not as horrible about pricing as Skin Food.

a thick liquid with gold flecks in it
Gold Caviar Emulsion Review

If we could look for the meaning of “emulsion” in Wiki, it was stated that it’s a mixture of two or more liquids that are normally immiscible (non mixable or unblendable) It is dispersed and continuous phase of liquids. One example is milk and some cutting liquids for metal working. Based on my observation, it looks like a regular moisturizer, the lightest and absorbs quickly that doesn’t leaves you a white cast. It also smells powdery granma-ish that’s not overpowering. I feel non greasy after I used the toner. It’s Full Sized (145ml) in (P400) and EXPECT the horrible mark ups, as they tack on an average of 200-300%! Ang lakas maka-freak out!  Shame on onlines whereable Filipino company sells this.

looks and feels like just a regular moisturizer

My Overall Impression

After I used these samples (without any products) for couple of weeks, I have noticed the difference in my skin. It is smoother and much supple, especially when I’m at cold areas. I wasn’t able to dry unlike my ordinary days. I will recommend to try these out and get the full line especially girls who have normal-combination skin.
These products don’t come cheap, so I suggest you bought it on abroad, or else your wallet hurts.
How about you guys? Have you tried using Skin Food? Tell us your favorite.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!:) Share me your thoughts:)
Happy Good Vibes!Love:)

-QMB-

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC