a SUPERWOMAN.

Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday Tip: 5 Ways Not to Overspend on Beauty Blogs!

I’d like to share what I’d read from one of my favorite blogs. I am agree that people/bloggers are spending too much just for the new beauty items “for the blog” BUT I understand that if you have a big budget and you want high end products, and then don’t let anyone to stop you! Everyone is entitled to do their passion whatever it may be. I was amazed with beauty bloggers who uphold free products for reviews in return.

The mere fact that most of us who blog are just beauty buffs who wanted to share our thoughts and views on products or beauty in general. Besides, it’s not only the bread of some blogger, like me. I may say I blog everything under the sun, anything that I can share of.

source

I still believe that blogging about beauty isn’t about the latest, the newest and who can buy the most. It's about having a passion for beauty, for what you’ve may like. As a new blogger, I really consider this passion for subject to be detail. You can’t set up blog to blog just about beauty and then start thinking of what stuff to buy to blog about. Then if you have, PR companies will send you a million of freebies. Haha, that’s perks of being a blogger! Right? BUT laugh at me, I never asked for this. It’s a normal that starting a blog is just from the heart, your passion to share, there are no tips for what to buy, you either have them or you don’t. Sometimes the PR things happen in which case, good for you! But these days, the blogosphere is crowded so lean times are ahead and fact is, we’re pretty much on our own, just like mine.:)

source

So what does a beauty blogger do? Does she go broke buying everything she sees so she has something to review? Does she buy a lot of lipstick? For everyday updates? Does she kiss ass with PR so she gets showered with freebies that she could never use up nor even like? Does she have to do massive shopping hauls and share them with her readers?
Oh well, no you don’t. Do it if makes you happy and doesn’t send you to the poorhouse. Don’t if it will or if you feel it places unnecessary pressure on you and your finances. Anyways, here’s my top five ways having my large beauty collection;

  1. Shop in your store- As I observed in few that beauty blogging is all about latest, newest and high-ends, it’s not necessary to blog luxurious all time, sometimes, there’s drugstore that offers quality and it is good to look back sometimes.It might surprise you but it’s the common everyday items that people tend to overlook in favor of the next collection. Do you have your favorite red lipstick? Mine is (AVON Carmen Rose) Do you feel embarrassed that it’s just a drugstore and everyone’s perhaps using it? I’m not! It might surprise you but one of the most popular searches that spread in blogosphere was MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick. Everyday brands and products tend to get overlooked by the majority so why not fill that niche.:)
  2. Subscribe to beauty box- These are sizeable collections. Sampleroom, BDJ, Glamour Box and Saladroom for instances. These are less than 1k for new stuff that you may try and post reviews. The good thing is if you have 5 or more products, then you’ll have 5 or more items to reviews. Enough for a week! Not that bad eh!:)
  3. Samples add variety- Some beauty blogger doesn’t afraid to ask at the counter for sample of skincare, make up like primer or foundation (in a right way). It is obvious that if you do it ,some says NO and blessed if you get the sample to try, and you can share your thoughts about it and again. In some instance, I hesitate to recommend to buy samples from certain websites that sell them in a cheap but I am wary about their expiry dates that rarely printed on samples like Korean cosmetics. I’d rather to ask my friend to buy me whenever they go abroad. :)
  4. Attend a Beauty Workshop- This is one of the interesting phase of beauty blogging. Some of brands hold beauty workshop that generously give samples during the workshop, sometimes you not only get the full sized product (review #1), you can also get the little bag of samples ( review #2,3,4) and the learning experience  would be ?(review #6). How about that? Another worth of posts from just one event, right?:)
  5. Blogging is not all about beauty/product reviews- This is what I’m held to, because it bores me whenever I write review of the newest and the latest. I think some of your readers get bored too if only fashion, reviews and beauty that contains in the blog. Don’t get me wrong but that’s the myth. I was keen on sharing some personal story like where do I go, what I wore in my face, some of my daily dose of nail polish, or just some snippet of my tea. Which was it?
    Have tutorial beauty tip and Share it. Have opinion on what issues now, or just simple random thoughts for example. These are the things that don’t need money and can potentially help someone much more than a product review ever can.

    I have learned so much from this, that’s why I make mine. I hope it will also help any especially a new blogger out there who want to start blogging but not sure how to continue once you have finished about products in your collection and also those who are feeling the pressure to buy, buy, buy! Bear in mind that we do it for our passion, for the love of it, not because everyone else is doing it, just be yourself, be creative (I’m learning it!) about the topics. I know we could exceed dozen of product reviews with good blogging. So stay tune for my next review! Haha.

    Happy Tuesday ahead!:)

    Disclaimer: These blogging tips are adapted in my readings and based on my own experiences. I'm not ‘’guru” but hopefully you'll be helped in this element. Feel free to suggest and ask question in the comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!:) Share me your thoughts:)
Happy Good Vibes!Love:)

-QMB-

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC