a SUPERWOMAN.

Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday Talk: On Finding Happiness At Work!

We are humans, and we feel every emotion in every aspect of our life. My colleague friend once asked me how I would tell the definition of “happiness”, maybe he was stressed in work, or some things bothered him. Happiness is a huge noun to defined, I blurted. You perhaps, unhappy with your work, but blessed with your family and friends. It’s up to you, how to maintain harmony in work and life. That’s what I always bear in mind, because it’s just the state of mind. *WINKS* While it’s true that the work we do, (especially parents) helps us to put food on the table, it’s also one of the biggest sources of unhappiness and stress in our life. So if you are experiencing lethargic, displeasure or any pessimistic in your job, you have change your ways by how we look at on things. Admittedly, I also in that chaos, that’s why I read some, an article that, would help me to wake up each morning, to work hard and not waiting for the day to be over. Hahaha. Kind of self- motivated. I’ll share with you guys, just explore and embrace it!
Several outlines that I adapted to Mr. Rao who has in his best-selling book.

Things would be Good nor Bad
There are things that can happen in the office for eight hours of stay, neither good nor bad. If it’s not according to your plans, or if we commit mistakes/errors/ or submitted papers that rejected by the boss, Do it again, with calm and peace. (Okay, I’ll do it na!) I agree that when you start saying bad things at work, your mind associates it with negative feelings. Ayun na! Tuloy-Tuloy na! So as much as possible, look at things in the neutral so that you do not create unnecessary vicious cycles during the day. So, hindi na tayo tatamarin pumasok the following day! :) 

That's me!, stress ako nung araw na yan, so one of the meditation I have is listening to the music:)

Knowing the Value of Practicing “Extreme Resilience”
Remember my entry, at ready for anything?  Being flexible is doing great things. Let us avoid spending so much time in needless, fruitless self-recrimination and blaming others. There is no need to practice resilience if we follow rule # one. So it’s another state of mind!? Isn’t it!?


Throw Away Grudges and Spend Less Time Feeling Jealous
“Okay I’m not bitter, I just wanted justification and equality” exclaimed by another colleague friend. So one was promoted despite of lack of accomplishments, character and preferential by the boss. (That’s the main issue!) So let’s try to let go grudges-as this is primary component of finding happiness at work. That jealousy is a negative emotion that has no place at work. “Maybe it’s your turn to heads up” who knows. Instead, be happy, because whatever happened to him will happen to you in your current job or another company.

#entry for #throwbackthursday :)

Find YOUR Inner Passion
I know a lot of employed make mistake of finding passion at work, including me. It easy to think about what we feel should be an ideal job for us and we often lose ourselves in thinking of a perfect workplace scenario. The author said that we should spend time in changing the way we look at our present job, instead of searching for that “something perfect” or even believing it exists. In my own note, if you don’t feel the happiness in work, then leave it, but of course be ready to face another adjustment on what work has been waiting for you.

Think of “Then and Now” But Forget About “If and Then”
These scenario is usually happen at the back of my mind when I and my friends talking about resignation. If you think you’re not happy presently at your work, then jumped to another opportunity, then if you’re not satisfied again, you’ll leave and find another job, and so on..THEN, Rao told “so much of what troubles you today will also vanishA very simple yet powerful way of looking at things in a different perspective. We think that IF we have this and that, THEN we’ll be happy. Sometimes, we equating are happiness based on monetary value. I remember tmy former client who was I met at Ayala, I asked him if he still works at leading BPO company, but then he said, he was not happy because of all the loads tasks him , (but big salaries. ) Now, he is in the company which not quite as big salary, but he found the happiness he’s been looking for. I get the point but I still believe, you will find a job where the two aspects are both provided.

Finding happiness at work allows us to rise above trivial and mundane things that cloud our vision and impair our ability to look at the bright side. As I read to a book, there always a silver lining in every negative situation you have. *winks*  The tips above barely scratch the surface but they should be enough to help change our perspective and ultimately lead us into discovering more things to keep us happy at/with work. Thanks for knowing this great author and I hope it also helped others to find the happiness at work.:) 

P.S
I know it’s not Tuesday to give my tips but I’m planning to have another converse which is Thursday talk, because every lunch with my colleague friends, there are things/agenda we found interested. From expensive bags, showbiz chismis, issues in our country including other countries because of we scope in international trades, we also include the personal life of each one that would reflect to other people as well as the readers of this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!:) Share me your thoughts:)
Happy Good Vibes!Love:)

-QMB-

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC